Monday, September 26, 2011

[Free] Kids These Days


Ever take a look at the younger generation now and think to yourself, “I never had that when I was younger”? I have. It is ridiculous what parents are buying for five year olds nowadays. Most kids these days have DS Lites, Wii’s, iTouches, cell phones, and the list goes on. When I was a kid, I was lucky if my parents gave me the Gameboy Color or the Nintendo 64. Back then, we played with board games and games like hide and seek.  With technology advancing, the prices for these devices decrease, making it more affordable to obtain for kids.

I was at work the other day and I was left in charge of the YEZ room. For those of you who do not know, the YEZ room is a room in Bladium where kids can play on the computers, watch movies, or play with the Wii consoles.  Surprisingly, one of the kids pulled out a board game rather than diving into the giant bean bag chairs and staring at the tv. More kids came around and joined us in our games. We ended up playing: Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, Connect 4, puzzles, and hide n’ seek. It was really fun playing these games with the kids. Like every other person, I miss being a kid when these were the only games we had to worry about. It is good to see that kids actually do play these games and are still being introduced to them.

2 comments:

  1. hey, I responded to this post

    http://lesikins123.blogspot.com/2011/09/respond-to-brenda-trieu-post.html

    ReplyDelete