Thursday, September 29, 2011

[RE] Tests Suck

Check out what Trevor had to say:
Stupid mistakes on tests have always been a re-occurring factor in my test-taking over the years, and it sucks that even though a lot of people get the concept, their grade is drastically changed because of a few little errors that contributed to a loss of a ton of points.
As he mentioned in his blog, many students are sick of this. It sucks how much we may study, or how much we practice for tests and quizzes and still end up receiving a less than satisfying  grade. It is not even that we do not or cannot grasp the concepts, it is the little mistakes that get us the most.

In my situation, this occurs the most in math. I am taking AP Calculus and it seems like everything has to be so precise! It sucks because I suck at remembering what seems like intricate details. I might get a few points taken off due to the way I worded my answer, or even in what form I presented it.

I recently got one of my quizzes back and I lost a total of 12 points because my calculator messed up my answer. Everything I did was correct: the way I inputted the equation, the steps I took, the values I searched for. However, that did not matter because my calculator did not give me the right answer. I was off by a few decimal places. A few decimal places. I lost the potential 12 points because my calculator was off. That is a whole letter grade. Whatever, not like I need to pass, right? Sarcasm. I hate tests. I wish that when it came down to it, things were not so exact and things did not need to be so accurate. I wish that as long as we got the process down, we passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment